Wednesday, August 17, 2011

laundry room writing! and pics!























Hey family! I'm writing you from in the laundry room while my clothes are washing. The branch president said that us aussie boys could make today our pday and just forget the normal schedule in prep for leaving the mtc. All I need to do is finish the wash and then I can start packing! In about exactly 12 hours I will be on my way to LA for my connect to Sydney. I am gonna get some sweet pictures from up in the air, the opera house maybe? I have some pictures that I'm wanting to send you in email but these computers suck here so I'll have to do it next week in the field. I found Stetson here and we got some pictures together, he told me to have someone put them on facebook for us so maybe melissa could do that when I send you the pictures with my next email.


The mtc has been an amazingly interesting. It has been said that our missions will be the most wonderfully awful experience...I don't know how I feel about that but all I can do is hope for the best no? I have made some really good friends with the elders who were in my district 7A. Half of the guys took off this morning at 330 to go to the travel office and drive to the airport. The room I was in all woke up to say goodbye to the boys and tell them anything we wanted to say. One of the guys (elder lyons) gave me a thin sweater from thailand that is pretty sweet! You will definately think it is interesting but I will post a picture of it so you can see what I'm talking about. Everyone was pretty jealous that I got the sweater :)


How is everyone back home? Jared sent me some emails and I got a couple pictures of the car they got but I haven't heard from anyone else lately. I haven't got the dear elder letters from saturday yet because the mail room closes before they get printed out on that day so I will get them today. I'll send you my address for aussieland once I get it and I expect you to spread it among everyone! If you see any of my friends you need to kick them and tell them to write me!


Has cole tried to play my 3ds yet? Or has lane and chloe tried to play the guitars? Which by the way, I don't remember you telling me where you stored Jimmy and Emily Mae...When does school start for all the chilluns? I'm sure all of the siblings are pretty excited to have that day come. Say hi to everyone for me and let them know what I've been up to.


Well I'm tryin to prep myself for this huge day of traveling that will put me on the opposite side of the world and 17 hours ahead of AZ time (it just barely changed days to the 2nd there) but it's not something that you can really prepare for! I've just been singing 'leaving on a jet plane' in my head since I woke up and it's sticking pretty strong. Oh and I found out I can buy a calling card at the byu bookstore so I will buy one to call you with at the airport. I don't know if I'll have time to call you when I'm at the Salt Lake one so expect a call anytime between 7 and 10 because I might have to call you in LA since I'll have more time with the layover and all.


I got the shades and I'm lovin them! I can't wait to try them out in the bright Brisbane sun. I'm so excited to meet the people I'm going to teach for the next two years! I pray to have a love for them beyond what I can have myself, but it shouldn't be too hard to love all the Australians! So apparently the beaches aren't just sketchy to be by as a missionary because the water, but some parts of the beach are clothes free zones. I've been told that I'll probably see a couple nudies running around so that should be interesting :/ I'll just look away and whistle a hymn or something...Haha!


Well I'm out of time, can't wait til i'm not restricted by time so I can tell you some good stories! Bye for now, love you all! :)


Elder Brock Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment