Wednesday, August 17, 2011

baptisms and bike wrecks



































Hello!


Sorry that the email is a little late this week. Pday was changed to wednesday this week because we went to the temple this morning. It will be on monday again next week. We get to go to the temple once per transfer, so about every six weeks or so and I loved it! Like I said before I can't believe how much I miss going to the temple every week and doing baptisms there but now I can baptize people out in the field! Speaking of which the first baptism of the mission is coming up on saturday and i'm way excited for that and there are two more that could be happening soon! We just need the family to come to church again and the twins (pat and anna, who are 10) can get baptized! We are teaching a couple of people who are keen on listening and continue to progress well. I have had the opportunity to go on trade offs with nearly every elder in the district because Elder Benson is the DL so there are trade offs at least once a week! It's interesting but I like having the change of pace.


So Heather and Clint seem to be having the time of their life with this move, hopefully they get settled in soon and the kids get used to all of the changes. How has work been for them?


Tell grandma happy birthday for me! Tell gramps hi too! I miss them and the cookies and being called lil boy blue haha. Tell them I love them and to not have too much fun.


How was cleaning the temple? So many people are getting married! Have you seen Carson at all since he got married? How were the receptions and all that?


Oh I do ride bikes on two days of the week. I have a car the rest of the week and it's nice to have! I already broke in the bike and carried on the family name by wrecking on the bike on the first day! Haha it was dark and I had never been down the road before. We were going down a hill and then it turned really sharp at the bottom and I didn't have time to prep for the turn or stop so I learned how to fly and then made a new friend with the road and the curb. My right tricep nailed the curb and my shirt got ripped to shreds, I should have broken my arm to be honest with you. I lost feeling in my arm almost immediately and nearly passed out from going into shock. Oh and since heather will ask, no, I didn't cry haha. The cool thing is I stacked it in front of a members house so he drove us back to the flat and we just left the bikes at his house. My arm got swollen big time and I expected a massive bruise to show up in a few days or so because of how hard I had hit the curb but a week later and nothing showed up! My garment sleeve ended right where my arm hit the curb and didn't tear at all...protection of angels? I think so! The only thing that hurts is my wrist. It is a little stiff but it's all good, I'm sure it will loosen up soon enough.


Islander members are the best, I don't even know like any of them and one brother just came up to me and shook my hand and hugged me in the library...good times haha! They also make THE HUGEST meals. We are fasting as a district tomorrow and having a fast break at an islanders home, it will be a feast. I went to the Sekona home for dinner one night and they apologized and said they wished they could have had more time to prepare the meal because they were planning on putting a pig on. For four people. It's crazy! I still weigh the same though so no worries there yet :)


We have been teaching an asian lady named Catherine and she is super awesome! She is living with a guy named Dave (who holds the world record for longest thrown object, boomerang, at least that's what I was told) but he is a total jerk! She has four kids and is super nice. He is self centered like no other and totally uses her. She is trying to find out what to do with her life. (Enter missionaries) She is so receptive and likes what we have taught so far and i'm hoping she will listen to what we have to teach because I know what she is looking for can be found in the church.


I'd like to talk about all of my investigators and potentials but I'm running out of time on the computer and still need to attach all the photos I wanna send so that will be all for now. Tell everyone to send me some mail! I have yet to recieve a hand written letter in the mailbox so someone needs to get on that haha. Well I hope you enjoy the pictures and enjoy the rest of the week! Excpect to hear from me again on sunday after church (monday here)


Love you!


Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment