Wednesday, August 17, 2011

australia

Momma!

Hey how are ya?! Australia is pretty dang good, I'm using the library computer to write you right now and will do so as long as I'm in this area. My area is called Rochedale (sounds like roachdale) and I was a little worried about how the place would be when I heard the name but after getting here I can tell that it is really nice and the name is misleading for sure! It's not next to the beach or anything but I hope to go to a place like that in my next transfer or two. I will be in Rochedale for atleast the first two transfers while Elder Benson trains me and then who knows where I will go from there! So if my calculations are right you will recieve this email at about 4:30 on Sunday right after you get out of church. It is 11:30 here in Brisbane at the moment!


Thanks for taking care of my guitars, I still haven't had the chance to play one since I left and it is killing me. I think a part of me dies every day that I don't play haha.


The mission pres will send an email with a picture but you won't get it for three days or so I think. So no worries there! President Langland is pretty cool and sweet as from what I can tell.


Well I have taught a few good lessons already and we have one guy committed to be baptized on the 20th. His name is Patric and he is really keen on the church and he wants to get his sister onto it as well. We just need him to stop smoking, which he starts today, and be clean for a week to keep the baptism date on. We have all sorts of potental investigators but he is the most promising at this point. We are also teaching two others who are progressing quite well. Lisa and Glenda are their names. Lisa has a friend who introduced her to the church and we taught her the first lesson and got her to church yesterday along with Pat and Glenda. Glenda is a woman in her 60's with Parkinsons. She is really cool and wants to learn more about the church so hopefully that all goes well. It will be an interesting day if she gets baptized yeah?


Well I'm gonna try and attach some pictures right about now so hopefully that works. Oh and you can post anything on the blog that you feel comfortable with, you be the judge :) Oh and stetson asked me to have you send the pictures of him and myself to his mom but didn't give me an email. He said just to have melissa post them on facebook and tag him in them so his mom would get that notification. Well I'll be signing off with that and I hope you enjoy the pictures! I look forward to hearing how your week went and tell you how mine went too! Love you all!


Elder Brock Reynolds


P.S. Let Laurissa know that the toilets don't flush the other way, they just kinda go straight down. But the water does go the other way if you drain the sink, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment