Wednesday, August 17, 2011

first letter from brock in mtc.

Hey guys!

Well so far the MTC has been pretty crazy! I have gotten all your dear elder letters and appreciate them, you should use that the whole time i'm in the mtc because it is same day delivery and I really like to get the mail :) Mom, if you haven't yet please tell people they can use dear elder to write me while in the mtc and give them the address. Pretty much all they need to know is my mission, my name and my box number which is #229. How have things been? Don't worry about me! I'm doing just fine here and I know i'm here for a reason. I know that I should have been a little better of a son that past month at home and that I was being pretty lazy a lot of the time but I hope you will forgive me for that. I have learned so much about the spirit this past week and how I can feel it more and also how I can invite others to feel it as well.

My companion is elder paul fox. He is a pretty funny guy! We get along well and help each other to become better at being missionaries. The other elders I room with are also going to brisbane and we are most likely going to fly out on the plane together, I haven't heard anything about my visa yet so hopefully that works out well. But anyways the other two elders i room with are elder hunter hodgkinson who is the district leader and jake christensen. They are both really great guys! My district is a really good one and we all get along quite well. The first few days here seemed to be extremely long but now that I am getting used to the schedule and the load is being lightened a bit things are much better and it seems like time has been speeding up. Everyone has agreed that it seems like it has been forever since we left home, almost like we didn't have a life before we came here haha, it is really crazy but it's all good. How was going through the temple with dillan? I think i asked that in the letter i sent you a few days ago but idk if you have gotten it yet. What did you do with Jimmy and Emily Mae? (My guitars) Treat them nice because i'm sure they are really lonely and miss thier daddy :)

I have really enjoyed gym time here and being able to have time to workout in my schedule so i dont slack off. I'm gonna come home looking better than ever! haha I don't know if i have gained any weight yet because I haven't seen a place to weigh myself yet but i'm pretty sure I haven't gained anything. My pants still fit just fine so i guess we'll say the lady at the distribution center was wrong, so far at least...

I read the story dad wrote and really like it! Thanks for that experience. I have been practicing teaching and studying like no other, it is ridiculous the amount of time they have you in a classroom. I am literally in the same room for about 9 hours a day, longer than I get to sleep! Yesterday I had my first chance to actually teach someone who was in a real teaching environment that wasn't someone I knew (elder, teacher, for example...) in the TRC. It was an amazing experience and I felt the spirit hit me so hard everytime I would bear testimony with sincere love for the person I was teaching, good times for sure. But even though I am having a great time in the mtc i am so ready to get to aussieland and out in the field for the real deal.

Have my spy glasses come yet? I need a few more normal shirts and those garments you said you'd send. I don't have enough normal shirts for the gym days because we only get laundry once a week, so I'd appreciate a couple more shirts. Maybe the black nike one and then just pick out two or three more you think i'd like to have. Also can you send another two ties? Everyone else here brought like 20...haha but i'd like some more. Oh and I'm just wishing with this one but maybe you could hook me up with a mica watch? haha

Tell everyone to write! Family, friends, random people you meet on the street who might be bored and wanting something to do, and well, you get the idea. It is amazing how much I enjoy getting mail and hearing how things are back home, it isn't really distracting but I enjoy hearing how things are going all over just to unwind at the end of the day. Tell me what is new in the news as well because I have heard nothing at all and it is really weird...

Will I have 3 minutes before I get kicked off the mail server so i need to say goodbye but i really liked writing you! My pday is on tuesdays while i'm here but they go to monday when I get to aussieland. Thanks for all you have done for me!

Love you!!!
Elder Brock Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment