Friday, November 4, 2011

Mon, 26 Sep 2011

Family and the likes,


So I would agree with you that this weeks email you sent was pretty crazy compared to the one before. Sounds like the whole world decided to go crazy at once! I swear, ever since I've left town things have been falling apart down there! ;p Anywho, like always, keep me posted with all of the insane things and updates on the family and such.


Did Melissa bring her piano books down? Mom will have to take my place and sing Wicked and Jekyll and Hyde with her! I miss playing guitar and jamming with everyone down there so much. It seems that nobody in my area owns a guitar so I never have the chance to play. Shame.


The scourge of sickness continues in Jared's family, eh? It seems like there is always at least one of their kids who is down with a sickness or a new scrape/bruise. It's good to hear that Melissa and Summer got into T-town safely! I bet you are having parties all the time right? Did Dad get around to entering the Salsa Fest this year? He always says that he is going to but never seems to get in it. Which by the way, I was thinking the other day about how there is no legit salsa over here so maybe you could hook me up with daddios recipe? I would very much appreciate it and so would my tummy :) Good to hear that Cole is starting to run around and play soccer rather than just stand by the goal haha! I am excited for conference. You will have to let me know which talks are really good so I can be on the lookout for them. We get conference a week later here than back home.


Misti seems to be getting everything settled in good enough. Has she got a job lined up yet? That is really good news about her getting to live in with Cameron! Is Seth going to live there too or stay at Heath's? Tell her hello for me if she comes to town. I'm so happy for her and that she is taking the steps to be able to go to the temple! Let me know how that turns out for sure. Speaking of the temple...since things have been really weird this transfer with trade offs and meetings all over the place like mad, the scheduling has been way out of whack. But it's good, because I get to go to the temple again this transfer as a result! I go in two days. Two weeks in a row! Just like back home :) Elder Benson is dying at the end of this transfer (going home) so I'm excited and also a little worried to see where I end up and if I will train or not :/ We will know in 4 weeks time!


For Melissa:


You know that I'm the life of the party! My name is Brock and I like to party. I know for a fact that you do not party! (It's from a movie if you are wondering) Haha you say I'm not the life of the party because I was always gone? It's because I had to manage multiple parties at once so I couldn't stay home all the time! Sounds like Summer still likes to give you grief on ocassion. How did mom like the Walnast trip? At least I didn't have to follow you around through all of the womens stuff to get all the things you had forgot back home this time haha. You better start to write me regularly! How is the blog going by the way? Do you have a song posted on it? Just curious...

Stop.


Hokay! So I knew that this day would come. The spirit of the hardbody lingered around my parking spot and demanded to be filled and so the call was filled by a little Toyota. What color is it? Engine size? Etc.? Name? I really miss my truck and driving manual. But the thing I miss the most about driving, without divulging too much about past grievances, is definately driving the mountain and the backroads :p We will leave it at that. Oh I driving on the right side of the road and using mph is something I miss dearly as well.


Fishing on the mountain seems to be a regular occurance now. Especially since you bought a truck just for fishing! I really am jealous of dad for that, mostly because he bought a filly b's burrito on the way up the mountain but chillin at the lake does sound pretty nice! Well, the pond I should say...


That is not good to hear about Granny! I will keep her in my prayers. I bet she is worrying like mad! Tough times.


Okay Baptism updates! Glenda is getting baptized this Saturday, Oct. 1, at 3:30. It is going to be an amazing baptism for sure! I don't remember what I told you about her before but she has Parkinsons and Scoliosis so she is in a rough spot. Not to mention she is in her 70's so this is all a very big thing for her. She has taken all of the lessons very well, although she was a slow learner, but she does understand it all. Anywhos, we taught her the last lesson which is the commandments and she was alright with it all. She even has given up coffee and tea! Which is pretty big seeing as how she has been drinking them all her life up to this point. But when we taught tithing she folded. She said that she wouldn't be able to make it since she is on a government pension and then started to make other excuses as well. It was a huge let down because we explained how blessed she would be for paying tithing but she still said she couldn't do it. She still wanted to come to church though. So the Dewis' picked her up like usual and she came to church. Elder Benson and I were asked to teach a Sunday School class so we weren't able to sit in on the gospel principles class like usual and we were a little worried about how Glenda would be. After we taught the lesson we peeked into the class we are usually in and the ward mission leader (Bro Rolls) and a ward missionary (Sis Hadley) were talking with Glenda so we just let them be. Right after priesthood started Jascha came and told Elder Benson and I to go out into the hall because someone wanted to talk to us. It was Bishop and all the people I mentioned with Glenda. Come to find out she was using tithing as an excuse because she was just scared to get baptized! So I will let you know how that goes and send some pictures next week of the whole deal but my time is spent! I must go now! Have a good week and enjoy all the company :)


Love,

Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment